New York City is certainly a magical place during the holiday season. Between the Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree and storefront windows, the scene is the background of many of your favorite movies and TV shows. On Location Tours are experts in the area of holiday lights and movie sights and below are their best ways to see New York City’s holiday decor!
1. Get an early start! The Rockefeller Christmas Tree lights up at 5:30am, and that could be prime time for a good photo opportunity.
2. Do some light research. There are some department stores that have themes every year. This year, Bloomingdale’s windows are themed with the new Grinch film, which would be perfect for little ones.
3. Bundle up– the window displays are meant to be seen from the outside, so that means you might be in the cold temperatures for a while.
4. Make sure to stick by Saks Fifth Avenue– they usually have a stunning, festive light show that runs every 7-8 minutes.
5. Take the Holiday Lights & Movie Sites Tour! Not only will you see all of the department store window displays, you’ll also see iconic filming locations from movies like Elf and Home Alone 2.