Now that the weather is turning warmer, it is time to experience the outdoors of Atlanta with your favorite furry companion!
Here are our favorite recommendations on where to take your dog with you to explore the “City in a Forest.”
- Morningside Nature Preserve – This hidden, yet well-loved walking, hiking and running trail covers 30 acres between Midtown and Buckhead neighborhoods. Head to the sandy beach in the middle, known popularly as the “Dog Beach” and meet other furry friends and their owners.
- East Palisades Trail – Check out one of the most scenic views of the Chattahoochee River with your pup who will love the shallow river entrance to swim, play or lounge.
- Cascade Springs Nature Preserve – This southwest Atlanta trail provides plenty of cool shade for your pups in the warm weather months and a retreat from city noise. In fact, your pup will love the waterfall as a wonderful, refreshing break after a walk.
- Arabia Mountain Top Trail – You’ll be wondering if you’re still in Atlanta once you start on this trail with massive exposed granite fields. Stunning summit views await you not soon after you leave the parking lot.
- Fetch Park and Ice House – This new full-service dog park located close to the Atlanta BeltLine has a bar for the humans, outdoor TVs, WiFi, cooling stations, a dog bath and attendants (Bark Rangers) to make sure all the pups are playing sweetly together. Unleash and unwind at this Instagram hot spot.
- Piedmont Park Dog Park – Located in the heart of the city at Piedmont Park, this dog park is one of the biggest dog parks in Atlanta.
- Newtown Dream Dog Park – One of the highest rated dog parks in the country, this dog park is a little drive outside Atlanta, but your furry friend will forget the drive and focus on fun after arriving. Sprinklers around a spraying hydrant with a bridge, hoops and tunnels make for an entertaining summer day with your dog.
At the end of a big walk, cuddle your furry companion at many of our Hilton properties where dogs are allowed including Hilton Atlanta, Canopy Midtown Atlanta, Embassy Suites Buckhead and Hilton Atlanta Airport.