With more than 10 million gallons of fresh and marine water, and more aquatic life than found in any other aquarium, you are sure to see things you’ve never seen before at Georgia Aquarium!
Located in the heart of Downtown Atlanta near Centennial Olympic Park, just a few blocks from most major hotels in the city, Georgia Aquarium is one of the world’s largest aquariums. Wonder, excitement, and educational learning opportunities for guests of all ages await around every corner. While promoting a fun and enjoyable learning experience, the Aquarium also instills in its guests a new appreciation for the world’s aquatic biodiversity, with one of its major goals to be the leading facility for aquatic animal conservation and research.
With so much to see and do, here are five essential tips for visiting and taking advantage of all that the Georgia Aquarium has to offer.
1. Buy your tickets in advance. Georgia Aquarium is very popular! As such, tickets may sell out on busier days. Save time and hassle by buying your ticket in advance. Tickets are available online at www.georgiaaquarium.org or even through your hotel if they are an official aquarium partner.
2. Arrive early. Beat the crowds. Get to the aquarium between 9 am and 11 am for a more enjoyable experience. The crowds usually start to build around 12 pm.
3. Upgrade your ticket to the Behind the Seas tour. Get closer than ever to aquarium sea life with this exclusive and intimate Behind the Seas tour. Spend time visiting the topside decks of Ocean Voyager, exploring Tropical Diver galleries and touring Correll Center and even the filtration room to see how it all works. This tour is the definition of 45 minutes well-spent.
4. Catch an exciting show. Take in the animal presentations such as AT&T Dolphin Celebration and Sea Lions at Sun Trust Pier 225. These incredible productions allow visitors to connect with the animals unlike ever before. Check the daily schedule and arrive 20 minutes before each start time as it is first come, first serve.
5. Download the Georgia Aquarium app before you arrive. Looking to really take your experience up a notch? Be sure to download the app. Featuring an aquarium map, augmented reality animal guide, scavenger hunt, VR videos, exclusive content and more, the Georgia Aquarium app is your go-to-guide for maximizing your experience.