School is back in session and celebrity chefs Geoffrey Zakarian and Michael Schulson’s children are thrilled to share their favorite places, meals, and more in South Florida. If you’re looking to visit during the Fall season, stop by Geoffrey’s Coastal American restaurant, Point Royal, as well as Michael’s Japanese Izakaya restaurant, Monkitail – both located at The Diplomat Beach Resort.
Point Royal has received several high profile awards including Hottest Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale by EATER Miami while Monkitail has been recognized by USA Today as the #1 Best Hotel Restaurant.
Kid-Friendly Activities at The Diplomat Beach Resort:
- Ocean Ambassadors Kids’ Club – The Diplomat Beach Resort is filled with kid-friendly activities that the entire family can enjoy. The Ocean Ambassador’s Kids’ Club allows kids, ages 4 to 12, to enjoy oceanside adventures. Kids will participate in a variety of activities such as the Epic Explorers, where they will discover many types of oceanic creatures and sea life, as well as The Great Outdoors, where kids will explore the beach and participate in shell collecting. Kids will also tap into their artistic side as they Paint, Draw, & Sculpt, as well as become Secret Agents or Kitchen Chemists.
- The family fun continues with The Diplomat Beach Resort’s all day activities including a Bounce House, Ping Pong, Spikeball, Giant Connect Four, and more. Families will also enjoy the Dip + Slide – two water slides, an enormous dump bucket and playful, water inspired family fun.
Kid-Friendly Meals at The Diplomat Beach Resort:
- Point Royal
- Geoffrey Zakarian’s children love the Chef’s Pastas selection from Point Royal such as the Risotto made with Fresh Shaved Truffle, Mascarpone, Truffle Pecorino, and Chive as well as the Spaghetti made with Pomodoro Sauce, Polpetti, and Shaved Parmesan.
- Michael Schulson’s children love the Kobe Beef from Monkitail’s Robatayaki menu. The menu also features Smoked Bacon Robatayaki and Pork Scallion
Kid-Friendly Places to visit in Miami:
- Geoffrey Zakarian’s children enjoy visiting the Bal Harbour Shops during their time in South Florida. It’s great for shopping, eating, and spending time with the family.
- Michael Schulson’s children love grabbing a bite at Estiatorio Milos by Costas Spiliadis – which offers a wonderful Mediterranean dining experience.