School is back in session and South Florida has some of the best kid-friendly attractions for a quick family getaway. If you’re looking to visit during the Fall season, stop by Geoffrey’s Coastal American restaurant, Point Royal, as well as Michael’s Japanese Izakaya restaurant, Monkitail – both located at The Diplomat Beach Resort. Celebrity chefs Geoffrey Zakarian and Michael Schulson’s children are thrilled to share their favorite meals from these restaurants.
Point Royal has received several high profile awards including Hottest Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale by EATER Miami while Monkitail has been recognized by USA Today as the #1 Best Hotel Restaurant.
Kid-Friendly Activities at The Diplomat Beach Resort:
- Ocean Ambassadors Kids’ Club – The Diplomat Beach Resort is filled with kid-friendly activities that the entire family can enjoy. The Ocean Ambassador’s Kids’ Club allows kids, ages 4 to 12, to enjoy oceanside adventures. Kids will participate in a variety of activities such as the Epic Explorers, where they will discover many types of oceanic creatures and sea life, as well as The Great Outdoors, where kids will explore the beach and participate in shell collecting. Kids will also tap into their artistic side as they Paint, Draw, & Sculpt, as well as become Secret Agents or Kitchen Chemists.
- The family fun continues with The Diplomat Beach Resort’s all day activities including a Bounce House, Ping Pong, Spikeball, Giant Connect Four, and more. Families will also enjoy the Dip + Slide – two water slides, an enormous dump bucket and playful, water inspired family fun.
Kid-Friendly Meals at The Diplomat Beach Resort:
- Point Royal
- Geoffrey Zakarian’s children love the Chef’s Pastas selection from Point Royal such as the Risotto made with Fresh Shaved Truffle, Mascarpone, Truffle Pecorino, and Chive as well as the Spaghetti made with Pomodoro Sauce, Polpetti, and Shaved Parmesan.
- Michael Schulson’s children love the Kobe Beef from Monkitail’s Robatayaki menu. The menu also features Smoked Bacon Robatayaki and Pork Scallion
Kid-Friendly Places to visit in Fort Lauderdale:
- The Museum of Discovery and Science is one Fort Lauderdale’s most popular attractions – with fun activities for the entire family including science exhibits, an IMAX Theater, and educational programs for the kids.
- Jungle Queen offers families a unique dining experience – sailing through Fort Lauderdale’s New River, Venice of America. Families will sightsee, dine, and enjoy incredible shows.