The Orlando area is called Central Florida for a reason. Orlando is just hours away from so much in the state, from Tampa, St. Petersburg, to the beaches and even Jacksonville. Using Orlando as your hub to Florida is the best way to make a memorable vacation. Plus, Orlando International Airport has plenty of incoming and outgoing flights, so you may save by flying into Orlando instead!
Check out below for some recommendations of where to stay, eat and play while you’re in Orlando.
Where to Stay:
There’s plenty of Hilton hotels to choose from in Orlando. It depends on the experience you are looking for and ease of access to area dining and attractions.
- For easy access around the state, stay at a hotel near the Orlando International Airport.
- If you want to be closer to the attractions, we recommend hotels on I-Drive or in Lake Buena Vista.
- For a more local experience, stay at a hotel in downtown Orlando, and experience the local food and experiences like a local.
Where to Eat:
You may think of Orlando as a hub for chain restaurants, but there is so much more!
- Downtown Orlando has a wealth of dining options from the luxurious DoveCote, to craft tacos at Tin & Taco, to authentic Asian cuisine from Vietnamese to Thai to Japanese and even Laotian.
- Check out Disney Springs in Lake Buena Vista for dining at restaurants from some of the best Chef’s in the world. Check out Jaleo, a brilliant tapas experience from Chef Jose Andres.
- Over in Lake Nona, near the Orlando International Airport, don’t miss out on Boxi Park, filled with local dining and craft beers.
Where to Play:
Whether you’re coming for the theme parks, or seeking something completely different, Orlando has options for everyone.
- For the theme park enthusiasts, don’t miss out on Pandora at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, and The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Orlando Resort.
- If you’re looking for a great show, comedian, speaker, concert or more, take a look at the calendar for the Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts.
- Don’t miss out on great outdoor adventures. From airboats at Wild Florida, to paddleboarding on one of our lakes, to watersports at Buena Vista Watersports, you will get a taste of the Florida sunshine.
As you can see, there is so much to do in Orlando, you’ll be able to make a memorable vacation even more by using Orlando as your hub.