For the last four decades, Black Creek Pioneer Village has been a mainstay of any Grade school summer trip in Ontario. Most students have delighted in exploring this working village, typical of those established in south central Ontario between the 1790s and the 1860s, trying our hand as a Smithy, playing with historical toys, and interacting with the knowledgeable actors who frequent the historical buildings and barns.
But Black Creek has just blown the (barn) doors off of their gentle, historic reputation with the announcement of new NIGHTLIFE activities, featuring thrills, chills and new ways to experience the Village. Olden times meets Golden times with:
• It’s one of the newest wellness craze – one part yoga, one part animal therapy. It’s a one-of-a-kind experience that will appeal to avid yoga-goers and newbies alike.
THE SEANCE AT BLACK CREEK
• Experience undeniable terror at the Victorian-style séance inside one of the oldest and most haunted buildings in the city. This soul shaking psychological experience is not for the weak of heart.
“WHERE THE DARK THINGS DWELL” ESCAPE GAME
• An ancient evil has descended upon Black Creek. Your team must explore the Village, solving puzzles and challenges to break the curse and escape — before it’s too late.
THE HAUNTED WALK EXPERIENCE
• Do you believe in ghosts? Black Creek by lantern-light is the spooky setting for an evening of supernatural storytelling that will send chills down your spine.
AXE AND KNIFE THROWING, AND ARCHERY
• Harness your inner lumberjack and hone your skills with the axe. Get hands-on instruction in the throwing arts then face off others in a competitive tournament. Archery and Knife Throwing is available by drop-in on Saturday nights to test your aim.
Easily accessible by TTC, a night at Black Creek Village is well worth the trip. For more information or to purchase tickets, visit www.blackcreek.ca/nightlife