Miami is the ultimate vacation hotspot and it’s not just because of the great weather year-round. You may know Miami for its beaches, but lately the city is getting its props for the booming arts and culture scene, swanky dining and indulgent shopping. Check out Kidd Kraddick Morning Show personality Jenna’s favorite things to do in town!
Where to Eat/Drink
- The Broken Shaker: Set in a laid-back outdoor lounge in a palm tree-lined courtyard, The Broken Shaker serves up craft cocktails featuring fresh fruit, vegetables and herbs. Along with the fresh flavors, the lounge serves up sounds of Miami’s most popular DJs into the night.
- Swan: Recently opened by hospitality mavens David Grutman & Pharrel Williams, Swan is truly a dining destination. Here you’ll find a menu of flavors from all over the world – from a “standing” Caesar salad topped with rosemary bread crumbs to chocolate soufflé with house-made Nutella – your palate will not be disappointed.
Where to Play
- Miami Design District: Capturing art enthusiasts and shoppers, this creative neighborhood is home to more than 120 flagship stores like Balenciaga, Hermes, Fendi, Dior, Cartier and Louis Vuitton. Woven throughout the streets of the district, explore the rigorously curated and totally Instagrammable public art program.
- Wynwood: Miami’s Wynwood Arts District is an exciting mural-splashed neighborhood that’s come into its own as a dynamic destination for contemporary art, hip bars, chef-driven restaurants and one-of-a-kind shopping finds.
Where to Stay
- The Gabriel: From the moment you step inside, The Gabriel has captured the essence of Miami with the trendy artwork and South American-inspired cocktails at CVLTVRA. Enjoy a coffee in the morning at the sophisticated Library Lounge and learn about the culture that formed the city in the vibrant books about music, art, film, and culture.
- Conrad Miami: Located in the epicenter of Brickell, Conrad is the perfect home base when exploring Miami. Enjoy a few laps in their pool or play a quick game of tennis before heading out for the day. Take in the views from the 25th floor restaurant Nativo Kitchen + Bar, the jewel of the hotel.
Live Like a Local
- Break a sweat while in Miami. Take in the scenery and enjoy a run (or walk) on the Miami Beach Boardwalk, a six-mile-long route that starts at Indian Beach Park at 46th Street & Collins Avenue.