If you are looking to step out of the every day into the luxurious dream vacation you deserve, look no further than West Palm Beach and Boca Raton. Known for its incredible beaches, world-class golf courses, and unbeatable shopping, this is the perfect getaway to help you forget about the Canadian winter woes that set in after the holidays.
Whether you are traveling with a large group, as a couple, or taking some much needed “me time”, a little planning will go a long way so you can live the luxe life. And daily air service from Toronto and Montreal, makes it easy to get there from October through April.
There are certain aspects of West Palm Beach that you don’t want to miss. Find out what makes visiting there so special.
It’s a Cultural Hotspot
Everyone in West Palm Beach and Boca Raton slows down to take the time to enjoy the beauty around them. From museums to gilded tea service, it is also a cultural hotspot. And everything is so walkable that you can discover little pockets of paradise on your way.
With more than 8,200 works, the Norton Museum of Art newly transformed with a Foster + Partners design, has one of the broadest permanent collections in the Southeast. Its American, Chinese, Contemporary, European, and Photography collections and changing exhibitions are highlighted by special talks, tours, and presentations during the week. Or you can just explore the expansive galleries on your own. The museum is free to the public on Fridays and Saturdays, so if you are looking for a quieter, more exclusive-feeling experience, it’s best to plan your visit on another day.
If you are looking for a more guided and interactive experience, Flagler Museum has everything from guided tours to extensive programming and exhibits that celebrate both the past and present. It is set in a lavish Gilded Age Estate – a National Landmark – and was named “Best Museum” in Palm Beach County. Wander the rotating exhibits and stop for a unique Gilded Age style tea service or lunch while you take in panoramic views of Lake Worth. Whether there is a special event or not, Flagler Museum is an experience you don’t want to miss.
Stunning, World Renowned Beaches
Choose any of the beaches in the area to relax and soak up the sun or opt for adventure with world renowned diving experiences. If you’re not equipped or you would like to take a diving course before heading out, there are scuba centres to help you with both.
Voted one of the Best Shore Dive locations in the US, Blue Heron Bridge is by far the most well-known beach in the area. It is home to the third largest barrier reef system in the world and over 750 different marine life species that live in the clear, warm Gulfstream waters. Blue Heron Bridge is perfect for both seasoned and novice divers. You can even choose to snorkel using the 800 foot long Snorkel Trail with eagle rays, sea turtles, and manatees.
If you are looking for a more private beach experience, check yourself in to the Boca Beach Club Waldorf Astoria Resort. With a half-mile private beach, you have access to tennis courts, two golf courses, seven pools, and the world’s top-rated spa. It is the perfect luxury beach retreat. You may not want to leave the resort during your vacation, and you wouldn’t have to.
World Class Sports & Entertainment
From Major League Baseball Spring Training, to prestigious polo tournaments, to year-round golf, West Palm Beach and Boca Raton has everything for both fanatics and sports enthusiasts.
Houston Astros, Washington Nationals (Current MLB Champs), Miami Marlins, and the St. Louis Cardinals call Florida home for MLB Spring Training between February and March. With a wide variety of ticket packages and experiences available, you can stay as long a you like to see some of baseball’s top teams compete.
One of the world’s oldest-known team sports, this classic sport is favoured by the royals. You can enjoy the most prestigious polo tournaments in the United States at the premier polo destination in the world – the International Polo Club Palm Beach. Take in a match, experience a unique field-side champagne brunch, or learn how to play polo with private or group lessons.
If you’re a fan of golf, choose from any of the 160 sun-soaked courses in the area and select from year-round tee times. The top three courses are:
- Madison Green Country Club: Just minutes from downtown West Palm Beach and Palm Beach International Airport, the grounds are impeccably groomed and various, beautiful birds of prey species call it home.
- Okeeheekee Golf Course: With extensive programming, this course has something for everyone. Book at least four days in advance so you can get your preferred tee time.
- Emerald Dunes Club: More than just a golf course, this private club feature a restaurant, full fitness centre, and a natural setting that makes it more like a sanctuary rather than a golf course.
Whether watching or partaking in an early round of golf, retire to your luxury suite at the Hilton West Palm Beach. Spend some time by the beautiful outdoor pool surrounded by palms and enjoy lunch at La Playa, the poolside bar and grill.
Luxury Shopping Experiences
West Palm Beach and Boca Raton has some of the best shopping you could ask for. From the best deals to luxury at it’s finest, there is something for everyone:
- The best deals: If you are looking for a great deal to brag about (or keep to yourself!), check out Palm Beach Outlets. Featuring over 100 outlet stores, they even offer group tours, so you don’t miss anything.
- Antiquing: West Palm Beach’s Antique Row features over 40 antique shops to find that perfect, one-of-a-kind item as well as a number of award-winning restaurants.
- Destination shopping experience: Modern shops and outdoor cafes at Rosemary Square are enhanced by weekly yoga events, The Palm Beach Improv Club, and The Armory Art Centre Experience. Cap things off with the flagship Restoration Hardware Mansion with rooftop dining and gorgeous city views.
- Iconic luxury experience: Similar to the famed Rodeo Drive, take in the historical Worth Avenue and have your own “Pretty Woman” moment. The picture of sophistication it features one-of-a-kind and well-known luxury boutiques.
- Luxury fashion shopping: Find classic luxury shopping at its finest at the Town Centre at Boca Raton – one of Florida’s top luxury shopping destinations with over 220 stores – and The Gardens Mall in Palm Beach Gardens with some of your favourite luxury brands available from Chanel to Tesla.
Perfect your girls weekend shopping trip with your stay at the Waterstone Resort and Marina, Curio Collection by Hilton where every room has a balcony with water views so you get the full beach vacation experience with all of the luxuries of the city. With spacious 2-room suites, there is room for everyone to stretch out and share their great finds from the day.