Located 5 miles southwest of downtown Nashville, Green Hills is a walkable community that has everything you need, from restaurants to grocery stores to clothing boutiques. Well-known for high-end shopping, The Mall at Green Hills & Hill Center shopping areas as well as nearby universities Lipscomb University and Belmont University. The area has some of the oldest churches and architecture alongside several small and large businesses in the Burton Hills local business complex. Here are some of our top picks for things to do in this bustling neighborhood.
Things to do
- The Mall at Green Hills – features high-end retailers like Tiffany, Tory Burch, Louis Vuitton, Omega, Nordstrom, Burberry, Gucci, Stuart Weitzman, Kate Spade, Michael Kors, Restoration Hardware and Crate & Barrel.
- Bluebird Café – One of the world’s preeminent listening rooms with recognition as a songwriter’s performance space; all genres of music. The 90 seat venue is unassuming and located in the heart of Green Hills and featured on the television show Nashville. This venue is in high demand and features shows most days of the week at 6:30 pm and 9:30 pm. Performers include up and coming songwriters as well as artists themselves.
- Parnassus Books – Ann Patchett’s Parnassus Books is arguably one of America’s most famous indie booksellers. The bright space hosts special events, readings and signings, promotes local authors and even sells e-books.
- Warner Parks – Opened in 1927 and named after two local park commissioners, Percy (the larger) and Edwin (the smaller) Warner Parks are where Nashvillians come to enjoy the great outdoors. Percy makes a grander first impression, with an impressive flight of steps at the main, northern entrance leading up to trailheads and bike paths. But both have hikes and horse routes over wooded hills that draw visitors here.
- Cheekwood Botanical Gardens – Cheekwood is a botanical garden with an arty inclination. The numerous gardens combine themes (Japanese, water, wildflower) with art, and surround a straight-out-of-a-Jane-Austen-novel house, where exhibitions are held regularly. Also on view are the furnishings of the Cheeks, the family who built the house in 1932 after selling their share of the Maxwell House coffee emporium.
- Belle Meade Plantations – The Harding-Jackson family purchased enslaved people to build a cotton gin, gristmill and sawmill along the Natchez road in the early 1800s. These businesses grew and eventually, a dairy farm and a thoroughbred breeding program were added. While efforts have been made to honor the enslaved people who built Belle Meade, the plantation still glorifies the white experience in the pre–Civil War South – including selling Confederate soldier costumes and Confederate flag memorabilia in the gift shop.
- Härth Restaurant & Bar – Onsite Restaurant at Hilton Nashville Green Hills. Under the leadership of Italian-born Chef, Christian Rossit, who carefully created a menu that honors his roots focusing on Italian cuisine. Delicious approachable flavors are curated to represent a fine dining experience.
- SkyBar – Onsite at Hilton. ONLY Rooftop Bar and outdoor large patio seating in Green Hills. One of kind views of downtown skyline, local neighborhoods and Green Hills urban area. Serving upscale specialty cocktails, local brews, wine and champagne.
- Tru Food Kitchen – Relaxed, eco-chic chain serving health-conscious fare, including vegan options, plus cocktails.
- Etc. – New American specialties with global influences & drinks are doled out in chic surrounds.
- Shake Shack – Hip, counter-serve chain for gourmet takes on fast-food classics like burgers & frozen custard.
- Martins BBQ – Just like all of our other locations, we come in at 5AM every morning and smoke a whole hog for 20 hours over coal and hickory chips. We ain’t just BBQ… we’ve got some incredibly delicious smoked wings and brisket, and we make all of our sides and pies right here in-house.
- The Perch – Creamy interior tones, exposed wooden beams, and reclaimed wood tables lends to a rustic yet refined environment of the Perch, a trendy neighborhood creperie & coffee house/wine & tapas bar nestled in the heart of Green Hills.