The Philadelphia Flower Show is America’s largest and longest-running horticultural event, drawing more than 250,000 visitors to the Pennsylvania Convention Center over the course of the Show. It’s widely-known as the unofficial start of spring, and one of the coolest things to do in Philadelphia.
This year, the Show runs from February 29 – March 8, and the theme is Riviera Holiday.
As the Official Hotel Partner of the 2020 Flower Show, Hilton created this insider’s guide with our tips for getting the most out of your day at the Flower Show.
Avoid the Crowds: There’s no other event quite like the Philadelphia Flower Show—an event this unique is bound to get crowded, but there are ways to avoid the peak crowds.
- In general, weekday evenings are the least crowded time to enjoy the show. The show floor is open until 9 pm, so come after work and enjoy an evening amongst the flowers.
- Early morning tours are available for those who want to see the Flower Show BEFORE it opens to the public. Tours begin at 8 am and include full-day admission to the show. Coming from out of town? Spend the night before at a nearby Hilton and skip the early morning drive!
- Party into the night at Flowers After Hours—the Flower Show’s after-hours dance party on February 29. Your ticket to the party gets you exclusive access to exhibits after the Show has closed to the public.
Get Your Hands Dirty:
- Join a Potting Party! Designer Tu Bloom hosts these wildly popular sessions, where you’ll create your very own vibrant potted display to take home.
- Visit the Make & Take area in the Grand Concourse to create a DIY craft like a recycled-container succulent or mini mosaic tile.
Try a Taste: Walking through millions of gorgeous flowers is bound to work up an appetite. Don’t worry, there’s plenty to savor without leaving the Convention Center:
- Indulge in a 3-course Mediterranean-inspired menu amongst the flowers at Bloomin’ Brunch. Seatings are available offered twice daily at 11 am and 2 pm.
- Fine Wine & Good Spirits sets up shop in the Grand Hall, where they offer spirits tastings to guests 21+ and an onsite store to purchase your favorites.
Skip the Drive: Traveling in from out of town? Skip the traffic (and pricey parking!) and stay with Hilton.