The Place for Epic Gatherings with Epic Friends
Washington, DC is a brunch town, and no one does it better than Matchbox Vintage Pizza Bistro. To celebrate its 15th anniversary, Matchbox celebrated National Pizza Month in October, announced the opening of its 12th location in Silver Spring, Maryland, and is unveiling “brunchbox” on Saturdays and Sundays.
We’re talking endless helpings of your favorite mini bloody mary burgers, breakfast nachos, chicken + grits, avocado toast, or, of course, pizzas and mini burgers! Because sometimes you just want everything off the menu.
Check out the recipe below for a brunchy take on matchbox’s famous mini burgers, the bloody maryminis. With chargrilled Certified Angus Beef, bloody mary mayo, shredded lettuce, pico de gallo, and hollandaise sauce. Visit your neighborhood matchbox and tag your photos @matchbox369. Pizza never had it so good.
Bloody Mary Mini Burgers
Bloody Mary Mayo ( 1 ½ Cups )
- ¼ Cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Cup Ketchup
- 2 Tbsp Pickle Relish
- ½ Tbsp Old Bay Seasoning
- ½ Tsp Tabasco Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Horseradish
- ¼ Tsp Ground Black Pepper
In Bowl, mix together all ingredients until well combined. Refrigerate for 1 hour to let the flavors meld.
Pico De Gallo (1 ½ Cups)
- 1 Tbsp (1 medium jalapeno) Jalapeno Pepper, seeded and minced
- ¼ Cup Red Onion, Diced
- 2 Tbsp Cilantro, Chopped
- 1 Cup (1 large tomato) Tomato, seeded and diced
- ½ Lime juiced
- 1/8 Tsp ground Black Pepper
- ½ Tsp Kosher Salt
- Prepare all ingredients.
- Combine in bowl and hold for serving.
- 3 Egg Yolks
- 1 Tbsp apple Cider Vinegar
- 1Tbsp Water
- 10 Fluid Ounces Butter, clarified, warm
- ½ Lemon Juiced
- ½ Tsp Kosher Salt
- In Stainless steel bow, add the egg yolks, water, and apple cider vinegar. Place bowl atop a pot of simmering water.
- Using a whisk, whip the mixture over the simmering water until the yolk “ribbon” and triple in volume.
- While whipping, gradually add the warmed clarified butter to the bowl.
- Add the lemon juice, season with Kosher Salt.
Bloody Mary Minis
- 2oz Patties Certified Angus Beef
- Mini Burger Buns, sliced in half
- Salt to Season
- Black Pepper to Season
- ½ oz Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Tsp Bloody Mary Mayo per Burger
- 1 Tbsp Shredded Lettuce per Burger
- 1 Tbsp Pico De Gallo per Burger
- 1 Tbsp Hollandaise per Burger
- Pre heat grill to medium high heat.
- Season Mini Burger Patties with salt and black pepper. Place on grill and sear on one side for 3 minutes, before turning over. Cook for 3-4 additional minutes for medium. Top Burgers with cheddar cheese and allow to melt.
- Meanwhile, toast mini burger buns. Begin assembly by spreading bloodymary mayo on the bottom bun, top with shredded lettuce and pico de gallo.
- Place Burgers on the bun, drizzle with Hollandaise and top with other bun.