Heading to Montreal soon? Here are the best ways to get here and get around.
Getting to Montreal
Only 2 hours from Ottawa-Gatineau, 3 hours from Quebec City and about an hour from the US border, Montreal is a great weekend destination that will only take one tank of gas or less to get to. If you’re not up for the drive, here are a few other ways to get here.
- Air: Montreal-Trudeau Airport is easily accessible to the downtown core with it being only about 20 minutes away. Many of our Hilton hotels are close to the airport and provide a free shuttle to make your arrival and departure even easier.
- Train: If you choose to take the VIA Rail in and you’ll enjoy a scenic ride on your way to and from Montreal all while relaxing and enjoying the down time. Be sure to
- Boat: Looking to arrive in style? Many waterways connect into the region making it easily accessible by
- Bus: If you’re looking to save a few dollars, there are lots of great options with stops in the US and in Canada.
Getting Around Montreal
Montreal is an easy city to get around. Here are 4 ways you can get the most out of your trip.
- Rent a BIXI bike. There are 780 km of cycling path throughout the city which makes getting around quick and easy.
- Rent a scooter from Montreal Scooter. Rent by the hour or for a few days at once and speed around the city truly experiencing it like a local.
- Consider getting a public transit pass through STM. Day Passes are available for $10 and a weekend pass is only $13.75. If you’re travelling with your family, look into the Family Outings program which allows free travel for up to five children aged 6 to 11 when accompanied by an adult.
- Enjoy the views at a leisurely pace and walk around. Montreal isn’t that large of a city and you can get around rather quickly and easily.