When on the hunt for an organization’s next meeting, retreat, quarterly or yearly conference spaces, South Florida has the perfect appeal to attract even the weariest of business travelers. Boost morale and engage attendees in a region full of sunshine, culinary sensations, and oceanfront relaxation. Whether a quick work trip, or week-long conference, there has never been an easier place to turn a business trip into a full-on vacation.
Here are the best things to do before, after or in-between meetings, to live the South Florida lifestyle by land or by sea, and ensure some fun in the sun!
Best by Boat
What better way to experience life like a local than an excursion on the water? Add any of these onto the itinerary for a memorable stay:
- Host a Luxury Yacht Reception event at South Florida’s iconic resort, and set sail from The Diplomat’s private marina on a gleaming Charter One yacht for a scenic cruise along the Intracoastal Waterway.
- Book a fishing adventure for half or full day with Drift fishing charters.
- Explore the Everglades with an informative, fun and exciting tour that will goes deep into Florida’s one of a kind ecosystem.
Leave the treadmill behind, and get some exercise in the South Florida sun with any number of daily health & wellness options:
- Yoga on the Beach – Morning Beach Break at The Dip includes morning yoga hosted by Core Fitness Training. This offer includes freshly squeezed Florida orange juice and continental breakfast.
- Team Building Beach Bootcamp – The Afternoon Team Building Break hosted by Core Fitness Training includes teamwork-based activities with a reward of boozy popsicles to complete your fun in the sun.
- Round of Golf – Enjoy the perfect weather by heading to any number of nearby golf courses while conducting a little business alongside pleasure on the fairway.
World Class Art & Shopping
These fantastic stops add flair to any business trip:
- Nearby Miami offers plenty of self-guided walks through locations like the Raleigh Gardens; or book a tour in Wynwood for a more informative journey of internationally renowned street art.
- Visit any number of museums, such as the Hollywood Art and Culture Center or take in some of the best in modern art collections at places like PAMM and the newly renovated Rubell Museum.
- Treat yourself and the whole family by heading to the exquisite Bal Harbour Shops or Aventura Mall. From international brands to small boutiques, there is something to tempt the tastes of everyone in the group.
Best Place to Stay
As the centerpiece of South Florida, The Diplomat Beach Resort Hollywood proves to be a favorite among business travelers. Conveniently located between Miami International (MIA) and Fort Lauderdale International (FLL) airports, The Diplomat makes doing business a breeze!
- 1,000 guestrooms and suites with unparalleled water views
- 8 culinary concepts including the award-winning Point Royal by celebrity chefs Geoffrey Zakarian, Monkitail by Michael Schulson and Diplomat Prime that can also easily accommodate dine-ins of groups of 10 to 1,400
- Oceanfront Spa + Wellness Sanctuary featuring 24 hour fitness center
- 2 beachfront sun-drenched pools with Dip + Slide waterpark for kids, poolside cabanas, kids club
- Beachside rentals and recreation including waverunners, kayaks and paddle boards
- Over 200,000 sq. ft. of award-winning flexible meeting and event space which accommodates up to 5,000 attendees and on-site AV and IT services