Fall in Denver means two things; beautiful weather and football. Whether you’re cheering on the Broncos or not, Game Day Sundays epitomize Denver at its best. For the ultimate weekend in Denver, a ticket to Empower Field at Mile High does the trick, and we’ve got all the insider tips to make it a weekend you’ll never forget.
Where to Eat/Drink
- If you’re looking for the classic Denver sports experience head to The Cherry Cricket or Blake St. Tavern before the game. These lively sports bars have become local institutions, arriving early is wise and showcasing your team spirit is encouraged (Broncos fan or otherwise).
- If you’ve heard the rumors that Denver is a craft beer capital, they’re true. Hit Denver Beer Co. for the quintessential craft beer experience or head to Ale House for an unbeatable patio view and enjoy one of their 50 rotating beers on tap.
- To get a taste of Denver’s culinary scene at its best and check-off some Denver landmarks on your list, spend some extra time in Lower Downtown (LoDo) exploring Union Station, the Denver Milk Market and Larimer Square.
Where to Stay
To properly soak up all the electric gameday-weekend energy that’s sure to be flowing in the capital of Broncos Country, be sure to stay in LoDo. Not only will it give you easy, walkable access to Empower Field, you’ll be in the heart of Denver with countless restaurants, bars and cultural attractions out your front door. Below we’ve listed our top hotels for game goers.
- The Denver Hilton City Center
- The Curtis Denver – a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
- Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver Downtown Convention Center
To choose from over 40 hotels in the Denver Metro area and use our map feature to find the best place for your stay.
Where to Play
- Sports, it’s what Denver does. Proud home of eight professional sports teams, it’s not unheard of or outlandish to hit multiple pro-sporting events in a weekend, in fact, we encourage it. Check out the schedule for the Colorado Avalanche or Denver Nuggets and cap-off your Denver weekend by doubling-down on the awesome sports experiences that Denver has to offer.
- Fall in Denver means the Mountains Are Calling. Check out the many great fall hikes easily accessible from Denver and join the local leaf peepers to take-in those famous mountain views for yourself to fully understand what makes Denver so special.
Live Like a Local
- The best kept secret for a gameday lies in the Jefferson Park neighborhood. Quietly situated right alongside Empower Field, Jefferson Park offers great local eats and convenience. If you’re just as big of football fan as any, but prefer to enjoy the brunch experience with your pinky up, Sartos Social Italian Eatery in Jefferson Park offers brunch before every game. They’re sure to be flying their Broncos flag on the outdoor patio and although they don’t have TV’s, this classic brunch spot is a five-minute walk from Empower Field. Sit down for a lovely meal and appreciate the epic echoes of tailgating in the background. Once you’re ready, enjoy the city views on your convenient walk to Empower Field.
Whether you’re a Proud Donkey or not, Denver is an incredible city for a long, fall weekend. Take in that crisp mountain air and sunshine, and cheer on your team. Denver welcomes all traveling football fans to an unforgettable experience.