South Florida’s urban renaissance has arrived in Downtown Fort Lauderdale’s Riverside District. Countless new restaurants and shopping options have sprung up, offering a smorgasbord of inspiring choices. This vibrant district is one of the most livable, most convenient and appealing urban neighborhoods in South Florida, just 10 minutes from the airport or a five-minute bike ride to Fort Lauderdale’s famous beach.
Popular attractions in the area include:
- The new 1-acre riverfront open-air pop-up The Wharf, welcomes visitors and locals looking to please their palates with some of the most delectable libations and culinary creations in town.
- The Museum of Discovery and Science is dedicated to science education, innovation and exploration. The Museum showcases more than 300 interactive exhibits, immersive films and experiential programs for those of all ages.
- The Broward Center for the Performing Arts is the destination of choice in South Florida for spectacular love entertainment.
- Himmarshee Village (2nd Street) is home to many restaurants and bars and is a hotspot for late-night drinks.
- The Brightline train links Downtown Fort Lauderdale to its counterparts in Miami and West Palm, each just a 30-minute express ride away.