Known as the Cruise Capital of the World, PortMiami is home to the world’s leading cruise lines departing to the Caribbean, Bahamas, Mexico and beyond.
Miami is a fantastic city, unique in just about every way. If the city itself isn’t reason enough to fly in for your cruise a day or two early, it also eliminates the threat of travel delays and flight cancellations from ruining your vacation. Take all the stress out of arriving the day your ship leaves, and find out for yourself why Miami is a top vacation destination!
A little-known tip is that many hotels in the area cater to cruisers. If you stay at least one night, they offer free or discounted parking during your cruise, and this can save a considerable amount of money over parking at PortMiami. If you are flying in, finding a hotel with a shuttle to the cruise port is ideal. That way you don’t have to worry about how to get to your ship on the day of your cruise.
Plus, we’ve compiled helpful insights from cruise experts and a list of hidden gems you can explore pre/post cruise.
• Cruise and Stay for the Best South Florida Music and Art Festivals, Porthole Magazine
• Advantages of Flying Into PortMiami a Day Early, Porthole Magazine
• Travel Guide to Miami Neighborhoods
• Cruise Critic Members Share Miami Vacation Tips
• Cruising from South Florida? Add a Pre- or Post-Cruise Stay to Your Trip, Cruise Critic
• Use Your Pre-Cruise Stay to Stock Up on Savings, Porthole Magazine