When it comes to travel, a warm welcome and an inviting hotel can make all the difference. And if you’ve ever stayed at a DoubleTree hotel, you’ll know that your welcome comes with a warm, gooey, chocolate chip cookie.
If you’re planning a trip to Edmonton or Quebec City, you’re in luck! We’ve recently opened up two new DoubleTree hotels in these cities. The DoubleTree by Hilton Edmonton Downtown is adjacent to the Arts District which means you are within walking distance to the City Centre Mall, Rogers Place, the Royal Albert Museum and more – the perfect spot to stay to catch a concert, explore museums or get some great shopping in. A little further East, the DoubleTree by Hilton Quebec Resort is located about 10 minutes from Old Quebec (Quebec City) and a great place for anyone looking for a bit of adventure or relaxation.
To help you plan your visit, we’ve put together three things you should do at each hotel so you can get the most out of your stay.
1. Head to the lobby lounge and enjoy some of the best views of downtown Edmonton. The views go for ages and can be enjoyed from the bright and airy inside when the temperatures are cooler. When it’s warmer, make sure you head outside to the patio and soak in the sun. Inside or out, you can enjoy the views while sipping on a handcrafted cocktail.
2. The hotel has supersized their hot tub – it can fit 30 people! So whether you’re hanging out with a group of friends or just want some personal space while enjoying your dip, this hot tub is a must-try during your stay.
3. Try the chicken wings. They are by far one of the most popular menu items and it’s easy to see why. Made with locally sourced, fresh ingredients you’ll be coming back for more in no time. The flavours weaved throughout each dish on the menu will give you a taste of the local flair of Edmonton.
1. Can we mention four things in one point? The Nordic thermal baths, polar bath with waterfall, Californian hot tub, and Finnish sauna are all things worth packing a bathing suit for and they’re just steps away from your room!
2. Try something with honey or even buy some and take it home. The hotel has their own beehives which means food or cocktails with honey in it use what’s produced on the property. You won’t find honey that’s more fresh or local than that!
3. Pack your golf clubs. The hotel also has a championship golf course and the only one in Quebec City. Golf de la Faune is an 18 hole course with 7000 yards of terrain dotted with lakes and sand traps. If you are any sort of golf fan, you should definitely make time for this course.
Bonus! You can rent snowmobiles in the winter. Grab one and explore the area in style!