Heading to Quebec City soon? Here are the best ways to get here and get around.
Getting to Quebec City
Only 3 hours from Montreal, 4.5 hours from Ottawa-Gatineau and less than 3 hours from the US border, Quebec City is a great weekend destination that will only take one tank of gas or less to get to. If you’re not up for the drive, here are a few other ways to get here.
- Air: Québec City Jean Lesage International Airport is easily accessible to the downtown core about 30 minutes away.
- Train: If you choose to take the VIA Rail in and you’ll enjoy a scenic ride on your way to and from Montreal all while relaxing and enjoying the down time.
- Bus: If you’re looking to save a few dollars, Greyhound is a great option with many stops in Canada and the US.
Getting Around Quebec City
Quebec City is an easy city to get around. Here are 3 ways you can get the most out of your trip.
- Rent a bike. There are 400 km of cycling paths throughout the city which makes getting around quick and easy. Check out one of these
- Enjoy a walking tour. Quebec City is the only walled city in North America and is also a UNESCO World Heritage Site so there’s lot to see. Lace up your shoes and follow this itinerary.
- Consider getting a public transit pass through RTC. Day Passes are available for $8.60 and you can get to all the major attractions. Just follow this map.