From turkey trots to holiday light displays and Black Friday shopping, St. Louis offers so many things to do Thanksgiving Weekend when you’ve had enough family time and need to get out.
Watch the Thanksgiving Day Parade
Downtown St. Louis kicks off the holiday season with the Ameren Thanksgiving Day Parade. Floats, dancers, school bands and Santa march from 20th and Market Street and proceed east towards Broadway starting at 8:45am.
Have Someone Else Do the Cooking
Take the stress out of preparing Thanksgiving by ordering the big meal to go or dining in at any of the restaurants open on Thanksgiving.
– Bailey’s Restaurants offering Thanksgiving meals and ala carte items. Place an order by November 17 for pickup on November 27
– Boston Market offers catering and takeout at their St. Louis area locations
– Bristol Seafood Grill has a Thanksgiving buffet from 10am-7pm
– Casinos around town all open for dinner and more on Thanksgiving (Ameristar, Argogy Casino Alton, Lumiere Place Casino, Hollywood Casino, River City Casino)
– Grace Meat + Three has turkey, brisket, and pies for carryout. Order for pickup Nov 22-Dec
– Landry’s Seafood House at Union Station will have their regular menu available 11am-6pm
– Soda Fountain will be open 11am-1opm. Learn more about this new restaurant at Union Station.
– Tucano’s Brazilian Grill will have traditional Thanksgiving dishes in addition to churrascaria.
Run Around Town
Did you know that Thanksgiving Day is the biggest race day in America? Prep for the big meal by running or walking in any of these races and help the local community. The most popular race is the Turkey Trot STL held in several cities around St. Louis including downtown, in St. Charles at Family Arena, Arnold at Arnold City Park, and Eureka at Six Flags St. Louis. Don’t miss these additional races around town – Chesterfield Turkey Trot, Olivette Turkey Trot and Kirkwood/Webster Turkey Day Run.
Shop Til You Drop on Black Friday
Plenty of major retailers like Target, Walmart, Best Buy, Kohls, Michaels, Old Navy and more will be opening early in the St. Louis area on Thanksgiving. Check your favorite stores to confirm their hours.
Looking for a shopping marathon? Look no further than the St. Louis Premium Outlets. This outlet mall in Chesterfield features over 90 stores. Open beginning at 6pm on Thanksgiving through 10pm on Black Friday!
Saint Louis Galleria opens at 8am on Black Friday. This mall near downtown St. Louis has over 150 stores. Don’t miss their Black Friday Pop Up Market.
Check out the new Union Station Attractions
Soar 200 ft in climate controlled gondolas on the St. Louis Wheel for views 20 miles in either direction over St. Louis. Test your skills on a ropes course or the new mirror maze, opening on November 18. Learn more about this and other Union Station attractions.
See a Free Holiday Light Display with Free Beer
Walk through the Anheuser-Busch Brewery Lights located near downtown and get free beer samples! Open from 5-10pm Friday through Sunday. Upgrade your free experience by adding on any of their paid packages including a fire pit, Clydesdale experience and more.