Chicago is the perfect place to visit and caters to a wide audience of travelers but here are my top 5 reasons to visit the Windy City:
- Chicago is affordable. Compared to other major cities, travelers can enjoy Chicago even on a budget. You can always find great deals on food and drinks 7 days a week. Tweet @HiltonSuggests for specific money-saving recommendations. If you are going to use public transportation, you can buy a 1, 3 or 7 day Ventra transit card with unlimited rides ($10-28). Cab fare is very reasonable and some guests will utilize services such as Uber X or Lyft to get around the city.
- Chicago is very family friendly. Kids of all ages can have fun and there is plenty to do to keep everyone entertained. Great attractions for families with children include Navy Pier, Maggie Daley Park, Millennium Park and the Museum Campus. The Museum Campus includes the Field Museum, Shedd Aquarium, and the Adler Planetarium.
- Come hungry! Chicago is known for its dining scene. Delicious options expand beyond our well-known food staples – Deep Dish Pizza, Chicago Hot Dogs and Italian Beef. Find Michelin-Starred restaurants to hole-in-the-walls that are sure to satisfy your appetite. Randolph Street, Chinatown, Pilsen, Logan Square and Wicker Park are home to some of the best places to grub. Thirsty? Chicago is also home to multiple craft breweries and spirit distilleries.4
- Rich History & Architecture – Chicago is rich in history and has beautiful architecture throughout the city. Go on an Architectural Boat Tour and learn about the history of Chicago’s skyscrapers or walk through neighborhoods and admire the greystones and gargoyles that adorn so many of Chicago’s beautiful buildings. The Green Mill Jazz club will take you back to the Prohibition era where you can mingle in the same place that Al Capone used to frequent.5
- There’s always something going on! With Chicago’s central location in the Midwest, there is never a shortage of events, conventions, concerts, sporting events and festivals. During the summer there are multiple festivals going on every weekend. There are numerous free events hosted by the city such as Chicago Summer Dance which brings a wide variety of live music and DJ’s to Grant Park (and the Chicago Cultural Center) every Friday and Saturday night.
This article was originally published by Hilton Suggests.