The Twin Cities is one of the best places to celebrate the 4th of July. Enjoy relaxing time on the lakes, along with great food, beautiful parks, and plenty of options to celebrate. We’ve rounded up the best places to view fireworks in Minneapolis, St. Paul and the greater Twin Cities:
- Minneapolis Red, White & Boom and Windows on Minnesota: July 4, 2019 – This festival includes everything from a fun run in the morning to live music, family-friendly activities, and great food all afternoon. The fireworks display takes place near the Stone Arch Bridge along the downtown Minneapolis riverfront after sunset. Some great locations for watching the downtown fireworks include Gold Medal Park, Stone Arch Bridge, and Lake Calhoun. However, you can avoid the mosquitoes and check out all the downtown and area fireworks with stunning views from the 50th floor of the IDS Center at Windows on Minnesota. Stay overnight at the Marquette Hotel and enjoy exclusive access for the fireworks from 8:30pm-1:00am and a late check out at 1:00pm.
- Independence Day Celebration at Target Field: See the Twins play at home 7/5-7/7 with a Fireworks Friday show on 7/5 plus enjoy a special ticketed celebration on the Budweiser Roof Deck on July 6 that includes beer sampling, special giveaways and more. Also, enjoy a $20 Twins food and beverage voucher when you book our “Sport and Summer Fun Package” at any of our participating Hilton hotels.
- Bloomington Summer Fete: July 3, 2019 – Start the festivities early at the Bloomington Summer Fete in Normandale Lake Park. A celebration complete with a carnival that includes inflatable attractions, two entertainment stages with great live performers, and one of the best fireworks shows around. Fireworks conclude the event and happen at dusk, around 10:00 p.m. Stay overnight at our Bloomington hotels including Hilton Minneapolis Bloomington, Embassy Suites by Hilton Minneapolis/Bloomington, and Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Airport Mall of America.
- 4th In The Park, Langford Park in St. Paul: July 4, 2019 – The only 4th of July parade you’ll find in St. Paul is at Langford Park. Visit for a distance run in the morning, followed by the parade and then music, games, and great, family-friendly outdoor activities. Make a evening of it and stay at DoubleTree by Hilton St. Paul Downtown or DoubleTree by Hilton St. Paul East.
- Eden Prairie’s 4th of July Hometown Celebration: July 4, 2019 – Eden Prairie’s 4th of July Hometown Celebration kicks off on the 3rd and then leads into the 4th to feature live music, great beer & food, and fun outdoor events including a pickleball tournament, 5K run, canoeing, karaoke contest, and more. The fireworks show will begin after sunset around 10:00 p.m. Continue the celebration with an overnight stay at Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis/Eden Prairie.
- Fireworks Spectacular at Canterbury Park in Shakopee: July 3-4, 2019 – Celebrate the holiday at the racetrack with 4:oop.m. racing, live music, face painting, pony rides, hot dog relays and more all followed by fireworks. Hilton guests save 50% on admission at the gate when you show your Hilton key card, digital key or Honors app. Keep the party going and stay overnight at Hampton Inn Minneapolis/Shakopee.
- Eagan July 4th Funfest: July 3-4, 2019 – join the Eagan festivities on the 3rd for a carnival and bike parade. Return for the 4th of July parade, carnival, car show, food, fun, live entertainment and fireworks show. Stay the weekend at our Eagan hotels including Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis/Eagan and Hampton Inn Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport/Eagan.
- Music in Plymouth:July 2, 2019 – Plymouth’s annual summer extravaganza includes live music including a performance by the Minnesota Orchestra. Set up a picnic and enjoy the show. This includes family friendly activities and fireworks at dusk. Make an evening of it and stay overnight at Home2 Suites by Hilton Plymouth Minneapolis or Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis/Maple Grove.
Limited Time Offer: Celebrate and book a stay in the Twin Cities. Guests that book our “Sport and Summer Fun” package will enjoy a room, breakfast, plus access to great local discounts!
Celebrate all things Summer while you’re here – opt for a baseball game at Target Field, a day at Canterbury Park, relax near the lakes with a Wheel Fun rental, take a brewery tour with Bitter MN or visit Mall of America for discounts at SEA LIFE Aquarium and the Crayola Experience.