Although it feels like summer is almost over, fall won’t be here until mid-September—so there’s still plenty of time to take advantage of end-of-season travel deals and book a vacation.. According to travel deal site Airfarewatchdog, major cities such as New York City are ideal to book during the last few weeks of summer, especially over Labor Day weekend.
The site, which lists only the best flight deals available each day across all major airlines and routes, says that making the most of what’s left of the season doesn’t have to be at the expense of your wallet! New York City is shaping up to be a particularly hot destination for Labor Day weekend travel, and their fare experts are seeing multiple round-trip airfares for less than $300 from departure cities like Chicago, Pittsburgh, Orlando, Tampa, Charlotte, and more.
Amanda Norcross, Senior Editor at Airfarewatchdog, says that since Labor Day is only a couple of weeks out, it’s important to book a good deal the second you see one (that goes for airfare and hotels)!
Additional Travel Tips!
• Perfect if booking reservations for Labor Day weekend (or any long weekend in NYC), 55 Hilton hotels are offering 50 percent off Sunday stays to Hilton Honors members, and 40 percent off for non-members now through December 29, 2019 when visitors book a three-night stay inclusive of Saturday night with the Weekend Like a Local package.
• Weekend Like a Local guests will receive access to local discounts, including 30 percent off Roundabout Theatre tickets, 50 percent off rentals and tours with Unlimited Biking (best way to see Central Park!), $7 off tickets for Madison Square Garden’s All Access Tour, and more perks at top NYC attractions.
• On Sundays, the city’s must-see attractions are less crowded, and it can be easier to get into some of the city’s hottest restaurants!
• Enroll in Hilton Honors, the free award-winning guest loyalty program for Hilton’s 17 brands and rack up Points for free stays even faster with promotions. Earn double Hilton Honors Bonus Points beginning on the second stay during Hilton Honors’ “Go More, Get More” promotion through September 8, 2019. And with the Hilton Honors app, members can select their room of choice from a digital floor plan and request amenities to be ready in their room prior to arrival at any of our 5,900 properties around the world.
• Take a Lyft around New York City and earn 3x the Hilton Honors points for every $1 spent. Simply link your Hilton Honors and Lyft accounts at HiltonHonorsLyft.com to maximizing your Points by taking a Lyft anywhere they need to go.
• While there is no “magic” day of the week or time of day to score the cheapest airfare—airlines are unpredictable, and fares are constantly changing, by signing up for airfare alerts, you’ll know the moment a good deal drops
• Don’t fret if you didn’t see your departure city listed above. You can find other NYC-bound fare deals by using the Airfarewatchdog Flights to a City tool.